Bifrost Grant Program
As part of our commitment to promoting the Bifrost ecosystem, we offer a comprehensive grants program focused on funding integrations related to Bifrost Dapp, Wallets, SALP and SLP, and on a protocol level (money market related). For more information about Bifrost requirements please contact us at [email protected]
The funding amount per grant application ranges from US$5,000 to US$50,000.
At least one of the following objectives must be met:
- 1.Develop applications using Bifrost’s credentialing technology for specific use cases
- 2.Ecosystem components designed for further usage and adoption
- 3.Services or certain functions powering Bifrost products
Bifrost will openly discuss Grant's off-chain in the forum. We welcome all creative ideas that can empower Bifrost's ecosystem. Grant application guidance is as follows:
- The applying project should be well-researched both scientifically and technically, or be a tried and tested concept with a prior history and track record demonstrating feasibility.
- Your project specification is technically sound and clearly defined, containing well-defined technical details.
- The project shall demonstrate that it will be deployed, maintained and operated after successfull completion of the grant program, through commitment of funding or its own economic/business model.
- The project shall clearly demonstrate how it can and will specifically benefit Bifrost, both technologically and economically.
- The project underlines how it differentiates itself from comparable products in the ecosystem or other similar ecosystems.
- Applicants have proven experience and track record with the relevant programming languages and technologies and/or solid technical background.
- Providing GitHub profiles of all team members as part of your application will be a huge plus, and we will examine these for past activity and code quality. Naturally, you can also link to project deployed on other platforms.
All code produced as part of the grant program must be open-sourced.
- 1.Improve vToken Usage & Liquidity From Protocol or Product level, with specific features that can support vToken utility, such as DEX with customized AMM curve; Lending protocol with pallet deploying on the Bifrost Chain.
- 2.Wallet integrations Web Wallet For test and development purposes and to be used on Open Testnet including backend service, which may include customized services for Bifrost assets, SALP protocol, and Staking.
- 3.SALP or SLP apps SALP crowdloan or SLP staking apps, front-end integrations and provides a user-friendly front-end interface.
- 4.Bifrost related services Monitor or data analytics/statistic services for Bifrost protocols.
- 2.Review and Decision Bifrost team will notify the applicants of whether their proposal has been accepted or not. If an application is accepted, we will publish the Grant content in the Bifrost Forum.
- 3.Follow-up Once the project has started, Bifrost team and the relevant teams will have arranged follow-up conversations to monitor project progress. A monthly meeting will be mandatory for each granted team.
- 4.Milestones After the first meeting, the project should draft a clear Milestone roadmap and discuss this with Bifrost team. Together we will ensure timelines are reasonable and match both project and team progress.
- 5.Licensing To successfully receive grant funding for your application, the projects codebase must be open-sourced under an applicable licence.
- 6.Documentation To ensure ease-of-use we require all projects to create comprehensive documentation that explains how their project works. At a minimum, written documentation is required for funding. Tutorials or videos are also helpful for new users to understand how to use the product.
Eligibility to receive the rewards will be based on the following criteria:
- Tasks are completed as instructed in each milestones, as agreed upon between the Bifrost team and the Participant
- Projects and tasks comply with the milestones terms
- Completion of the Tasks are reported to the Bifrost team and proof of completion is provided as requested
- The Bifrost team reviews and approves the submitted work
We demand grant teams only make announcements after the first milestone has been accepted.We value our community and wish to protect it from projects that only intend to use the announcement to raise funds or create hype, but don't intend to deliver, deploy and operate on project. We reserve the right to terminate grants if this is violated.
Announcement guidelines are as follows:
Must focus on the technology and products/services being developed and/or deployed， it should not be a pure marketing announcement.
It should include a demonstration of the product/service, and a guide for users and/or developers to use it.
Specific language usage shall be shared and discussed with the Bifrost team before agreeing on a public announcement.